Boy injured by firecrackers in Pagadian City
PAGADIAN CITY–A 15-year-old-boy was injured by firecrackers on New Year’s day, Tuesday, the Department of Health in Zamboanga del Sur reported.
Cedric Bernal, a Grade 8 students from Sta. Lucia village here, had picked up a left-over kwitis by the roadside around 5 p.m. on New Year’s day. He attempted to light it up but it exploded on his right hand.
Bernal was the only recorded firecracker injury here, as of Tuesday evening.
DOH Zamboanga del Sur Surveillance Officer Wilfred Agtina said they were still waiting for reports from the local hospitals in the province.
The boy sustained minor injury and was immediately taken cared of by local volunteers.
Agtina told the Inquirer that last year, there were two reported injuries in Zamboanga del Sur as people welcomed the New Year.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.