Electrified clothesline kills pregnant woman, toddler in N. Ecija

/ 01:36 PM October 18, 2018

STO. DOMINGO, Nueva Ecija — A family of three, including a 2-year-old boy, were killed when a live wire accidentally touched a clothesline in sitio (subvillage) Dagat-dagatan, Barangay (village) Malaya on Wednesday.

The electrified clothesline jolted Rebecca Garcia, 57, her 2-year-old grandson Mark Anthony Rido, and her pregnant daughter Eloisa, 31, who was hanging freshly laundered clothes at their yard at the time.


They were rushed to a district hospital but were declared dead on arrival. 

Surgeons tried but failed to save Eloisa’s unborn seven-month-old baby. 


Grieving relatives made sure both mother and baby would share a casket. /kga

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Accident, electrocution, live wire, Local news, news, Nueva Ecija, Philippine news updates, regional news, Regions
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.