DID YOU KNOW: 647 Sari cases reported from January to July 2018
According to the latest Department of Health data, a total of 647 severe acute respiratory infection (Sari) cases were reported nationwide from January to July this year.
This was 13 percent higher than the 573 cases recorded during the same period in 2017.
Six sentinel sites for the surveillance of Sari were established in 2014:
- San Lazaro Hospital in Manila
- Lung Center of the Philippines in Quezon City
- Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Muntinlupa City
- Baguio General Hospital in Baguio City
- Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center in Cebu City
- Southern Philippines Medical Center in Davao City.
—Marielle Medina, Inquirer Research