Macaroni salad downs 77 students in Zambales
MASINLOC, Zambales – Seventy-seven grade school pupils were taken to the hospital on Wednesday afternoon after showing symptoms of food poisoning allegedly from eating macaroni salad sold at the school canteen .
The pupils of San Lorenzo Elementary School consumed macaroni salad bought at the school canteen during lunch break, according to PO1 Melanie Zamora, investigator at the Masinloc Municipal Police Station.
Zamora said 48 students were taken to nearby Candelaria District Hospital while 28 students were taken to Iba District Hospital for treatment. /kga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.