Davao City to give P2-M aid to Cebu landslide victims
DAVAO CITY — The city government here would give P2 million worth of aid to survivors of the landslide that hit a village in Naga City in Cebu province, city officials said on Wednesday.
To be sourced out from the five-percent quick response fund (QRF) of the city government for this year, the aid would consist of food and non-food items, according to city information officer Jeffrey Tupas.
Councilor Danilo Dayanghirang, city council chair of the finance and ways and means committees, said Mayor Sara Duterte had asked the city council to allocate the amount for the Naga landslide victims.
“Under the law, a local government has the discretion to give aid to other LGUs (local government units) as long as they are under a state of calamity,” Dayanghirang said.
Last week, Davao City also approved the giving of a total P20.5 million worth of cash and food assistance to areas in Northern Luzon devastated by Typhoon “Ompong” (international name: Mangkhut).
A total of P50 million from Davao City’s QRF has been given away to various disaster-stricken LGUs in the country this year.
Dayanghirang said the city still had P65 million in its QRF which could be used to give to other areas in times of disasters.
Once the city’s QRF is depleted, the city can tap Davao’s remaining P100 million disaster fund. Frinston Lim
Inquirer calls for support for the victims of typhoon Ompong
Responding to appeals for help, the Philippine Daily Inquirer is extending its relief to victims of the recent typhoon Ompong.
Cash donations may be deposited in the Inquirer Foundation Corp. Banco De Oro (BDO) Current Account No: 007960018860 and Swift Code: BNORPHMM.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.