Duterte sick? Not according to his hectic schedule – Palace
Malacañang on Monday morning pointed to President Rodrigo Duterte’s recent “hectic schedule” as proof that he is healthy.
This came after the President, in a speech at the Asia Pacific Association of Gastroenterology forum in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, revealed that he underwent endoscopy and colonoscopy a week ago.
“Dati naman niya sinasabi na meron siyang gastroenterology na karamdaman, pero ito ay hindi seryoso ‘no,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in an interview over dzRH.
Roque then cited Duterte’s recent activities which are mostly visits to several provinces across the country, particularly in Cagayan, Ilocos Norte, Benguet and Cebu.
“Hindi talaga schedule ng pang may sakit iyong kanyang ginagawa sa pang-araw-araw; at ako mismo ay sumuko. Ako ay mas bata kay Presidente at wala din naman akong sakit, kaya lang talagang nakakapagod ang ginagawa niya,” he said.
“So, tingnan na lang natin ‘yung kanyang hectic schedule. Hindi kayang gawin iyan ng isang may karamdaman,” the Palace official added.
Last month, Malacañang assured the public that Duterte would disclose the status of his health if he would be afflicted with a serious illness. It followed rumors about his health. /cbb
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.