Manila roads to be closed Sept. 21, 23 for martial law activities
Several roads in Manila will be closed on Friday (Sept. 21) and Sunday (Sept. 23) to make way for activities marking the declaration of Martial Law, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) and Manila District Traffic Enforcement Unit (MDTEU) said on Thursday.
In an advisory, the MMDA and MDTEU advised motorists in Manila City to take alternate routes.
The following roads will be closed starting 6 a.m. onwards on Friday (Sept. 21):
North and southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard from Katigbak Drive to Pres. Quirino Avenue
Eastbound lane of TM Kalaw from Ma. Orosa to Taft avenue
East and westbound lane of TM Kalaw from M.H Del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard
UN Avenue corner Roxas Boulevard service road
Meanwhile, the following roads will be closed starting 4 p.m. onwards on Sunday (Sept. 23):
North and southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard from Anda Circle to P. Ocampo
East and westbound lanes of P. Burgos from Roxas Boulevard to Lagusnilad
Westbound land of TM Kalaw from Roxas Boulevard to MH del Pilar
Both lanes of Finance road from P. Burgos to Taft avenue
Stretch of Ma. Orosa from P. Burgos to TM Kalaw, northbound and southbound lane
Westbound lane of Ayala Boulevard from Romualdez to Taft avenue.
There will also be re-routing of vehicles in the following areas on Friday (Sept. 21):
- All vehicles intending to use Roxas Boulevard southbound lane coming from Delpan Bridge-Pier Zone shall turn left to P. Burgos to point of destination.
- All vehicles coming from TM Kalaw going to Roxas Boulevard shall turn left to MH Del Pilar to point of destination
- Vehicles coming from Mabini Street utilizing the eastbound lane of TM Kalaw going to Taft Avenue shall turn left to Ma. Orosa.
- All vehicles coming from southern part of Manila utilizing the northbound lane of Roxas Boulevard shall turn right to Pres. Quirino Avenue.
Meanwhile, motorists are advised to take the following routes on Sunday:
- All vehicles coming from Romualdez intending to utilize Ayala Boulevard shall go straight to N.A Lopez and left to San Marino.
- Vehicles coming from southern part of Manila intending to utilize the northbound lane of Roxas Boulevard shall turn right to P. Ocampo and left to Taft Avenue.
- All public utility vehicles traveling along A. Mabini shall turn right to Pedro Gil or may go straight along A. Mabini, turn right to TM Kalaw and left to Taft Avenue.
- All vehicles coming from northern part of Manila intending to utilize the southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard coming from Delpan Bridge-Pier Zone shall take A. Soriano, go straight to Magallanes Drive, right to P. Burgos, and straight to Lagusnilad in Taft Avenue.
- Vehicles coming from Binondo intending to utilize Jones Bridge going to Intramuros area shall turn right to Magallanes Drive while vehicles coming from Sta. Cruz intending to use McArthur bridge and Quiapo using Quezon Bridge intending to go to the Intramuros area shall turn right to Victoria St.
- All cargo trucks traveling Osmeña Highway are advised to turn right to Pres. Quirino Avenue, straight to Nagtahan, AH Lacson, Yuseco Street crossing Jose Abad Santos straight Raxabago, Capulong.
- Cargo trucks intending go by the southbound truck route coming from Pier area shall take R-10 Northbound, then turn right to Capulong straight to Yuseco Street to AH Lacson Avenue. /ee
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.