8 people treated after eating mushrooms in Isabela
CITY OF CAUAYAN — Eight people, including a one-year-old girl, suffered food poisoning on Monday (Aug. 27) after consuming mushrooms at Villa Luna in this city.
A local hospital treated baby Lorraine, and members of the Eder family, who suffered dizziness, diarrhea and stomach trouble after eating the mushroom meal cooked by 62-year-old Nicolas Eder.
The meal affected Nicolas’ 61-year-old wife Manuela; Loreto, 44; Rudilyn, 27; and nine-year-old Trisha, all surnamed Eder, and relatives Rodel Soliman, 19, and Mary Joy Jodilla, 15.
The mushrooms were gifted to them by Manuela’s cousin, who picked them from an ant hill. VILLAMOR VISAYA JR.