outbrain
Close  

Palace: 2019 budget is ‘pork-free’

By: - Reporter / @NCorralesINQ
/ 03:40 PM August 16, 2018

Malacañang assured the public on Thursday that the cash-based 3.757 trillion national budget for 2019 is “pork-free.”

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque issued the statement after Sen. Panfilo Lacson claimed that hundreds of billions were hidden in the 2019 national budget.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I leave it to Senator Lacson because he is a legislator. He knows what he talks about. My stint in Congress was too short to actually know what he is talking about but he has had three terms in Congress, he knows better,” Roque said in an ambush interview in malacanang.

He assured Filipinos that the President “does not condone pork barrel,” which the Supreme Court has previously declared unconstitutional.

FEATURED STORIES

“The President is unrelenting in his campaign against graft and corruption and he does not condone pork barrel,” he said. 

“Yes, we guarantee you it is pork-free,” he said.  /vvp

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: 2019 budget, budget, Palace, Philippine news updates, Rodrigo Duterte
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.