QC prosecutor’s office summons Villarin, Paras in phone theft case
The Quezon City Prosecutor’s Office has required Akbayan Rep. Tom Villarin and former Negros Oriental representative and now Labor Undersecretary Jacinto “Jing” Paras to appear before its office on July 2 and 16 in connection with the theft case the partylist congressman filed against the latter.
Senior Assistant City Prosecutor Rodrigo del Rosario has also required Villarin to submit evidence and photographs of the i-Phone X allegedly taken by Paras.
The preliminary investigation is scheduled on the said dates at 9:00 a.m., at the Prosecutor’s Office, in Quezon City.
Villarin has filed theft complaint against Paras for allegedly “snatching” his phone during a congressional hearing in March. Paras had already denied these allegations which Villarin said were caught by a closed circuit television (CCTV) camera.
Villarin has also asked the House of Representatives to censure and ban Paras from entering the House premises.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.