MMDA announces Edsa traffic rerouting for people power celebration
A portion of Edsa will be closed to motorists on Sunday for the celebration of the 32nd anniversary of the Edsa People Power Revolution, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced on Friday.
The celebration will be on February 25, Sunday, with the theme “Edsa 2018: Effecting Change Towards Strengthened Democracy.”
The MMDA announced that the Ortigas Avenue to northbound Santolan will be partially closed from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
“Two outer lanes will be closed to vehicular traffic while three inner lanes from Edsa-Ortigas flyover will still be passable to motorists up to Aguinaldo Gate,” the agency said in a statement.
Moreover, the MMDA said both directions of White Plains Drive, from Temple Drive to EDSA, would be closed to traffic from 12:01 a.m. onwards.
Affected motorists are advised to avoid the following roads and instead use alternate routes:
ALONG EDSA (SOUTHBOUND)
– Right to Aurora Boulevard or Santolan
– Left turn to Gilmore or Ortigas
– Right to Edsa to destination
– Right turn to Katipunan or Libis-C5 Road to destination
ALONG EDSA (NORTHBOUND)
– Right turn to Kalayaan/ Shaw Boulevard/Ortigas, left turn to C5 Road to destination or
– Left turn to Ortigas towards Greenhills, right turn to Santolan to destination
– Right turn to Ortigas or left Ortigas flyover towards Greenhills, right turn to destination
About 150 traffic enforcers will be deployed in the busy thoroughfares, acting MMDA General Manager Jojo Garcia said.
“We are expecting a lot of visitors to participate in the whole day activities,” Garcia said in a statement. /jpv
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.