Robredo maintains 200K lead over Marcos on day 3 of unofficial tally
Administration bet Leni Robredo maintained her 200,000 lead over Sen. Bongbong Marcos in the tight vice presidential race, as shown in the latest partial and unofficial tally of votes.
According to the Commission on Elections transparency server as of 12:28 p.m. Wednesday, Robredo led the unofficial count with 13,952,128 votes or 35.14 percent of voters’ turn out.
Marcos lagged at 13,720,479 votes or 34.56 percent. He was followed by Alan Peter Cayetano who got 5,642,475 votes or 14.21 percent; Chiz Escudero with 4,792,494 votes or 12.07 percent; Antonio Trillanes IV with 839,160 votes or 2.11 percent; and Gringo Honasan with 755,859 vote or 1.90 percent.
In contesting the results, Marcos decried being cheated by the Liberal Party as part of its “Plan B” to maintain hold in Malacañang. Robredo said it was unfair for Marcos to accuse her of cheating without substantiating it.
Expected to be a swing vote in the vice presidential race are the 400,000 overseas absentee votes cast for the 2016 elections.
Davao city mayor Rodrigo Duterte maintained the lead in the presidential race with 15.84 million votes. JE
Roxas, Mar Daang Matuwid
Defensor Santiago, Miriam
Meanwhile, the senators who got in the top 12 are:
- DRILON, FRANK (LP) – 18,067,828 VOTES
- VILLANUEVA, JOEL TESDAMAN (LP) – 18,015,899 VOTES
- SOTTO, VICENTE (NPC) – 16,757,634 VOTES
- LACSON, PANFILO PING (IND) – 16,460,180 VOTES
- GORDON, DICK (IND) – 16,226,603 VOTES
- ZUBIRI, MIGZ (IND) – 15,603,406 VOTES
- PACQUIAO, MANNY (UNA) – 15,499,681VOTES
- HONTIVEROS, RISA (AKBYN) – 15,480,677 VOTES
- PANGILINAN, KIKO (LP) – 15,453,806 VOTES
- GATCHALIAN, WIN (NPC) – 14,620,395 VOTES
- RECTO, RALPH (LP) – 13,831,239 VOTES
- DE LIMA, LEILA (LP) – 13,732,682 VOTES
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.