Thursday, December 14, 2017
Close  
newsinfo / Metro
  • 73783
    shares

2 die after drinking milk tea in Manila

, / 12:59 PM April 10, 2015

UPDATED STORY: Death of 2 by milk tea ‘not caused by breach in sanitation’

Two people died on Thursday after drinking milk tea from a tea house in Sampaloc, Manila, Radyo Inquirer 990AM said.

The report said one of the victims, Suzaine Dagohoy, and her boyfriend Arnold Aydalla complained to the owner of the ErgoCha store that the Hokkaido-flavored milk tea they bought tasted different.

ADVERTISEMENT

The owner of the tea house, Wiliam Abrigo denied the claim and even tasted the milk tea to prove that there was nothing wrong.

However, both Abrigo and Dagohoy fainted. All three were rushed to a nearby hospital but the two were declared dead hours later.

Meanwhile, Aydalla, who is still confined in the hospital, is now in stable condition.

Authorities have yet to announce the cause of death of the two victims. KS/IDL

RELATED STORIES

Food poisoning downs 169 in Ateneo

Pangasinan towns stop salted eggs sale amid poisoning cases

ADVERTISEMENT

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Arnold Aydalla, dead, fatality, Milk Tea, milk tea dead, milk tea poisoning, poison, poisoning, Suzaine Dagohoy, William Abrigo
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.




© Copyright 1997-2016 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved