ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines—An unattended candle started a fire in a house in Guiwan village here that resulted to the death of a three-month old baby girl on Tuesday night.
Superintendent Dominador Zabala Jr., the City Fire Marshal chief, told the INQUIRER that a house owned by Sheila Kasim was razed by the fire.
“I placed a candle near the window of our room and left my daughter sleeping in our bed. When I returned the fire has spread inside the room. Our curtain may have caught the candle,” Kasim said in between sobs.
Zabala said they received a fire call about 7:20 p.m.
The fire was put under control after an hour.