Heavy traffic seen for Iglesia ni Cristo walk
More News from INQUIRER.net
MANILA, Philippines—Heavy traffic is expected in the city of Manila on Saturday as the Iglesia ni Cristo is set to stage the INC World Wide Walk.
According to an announcement from the Manila District Traffic Enforcement Unit, the event would start from 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Road closures in Manila are as follows:
- Southbound lane of Anadalucia from Fugoso to Quezon Boulevard
- Southbound lane of España from Lacson to Lerma
- Westbound lane of Lerma fro España to Quezon Boulevard
- Stretch of Jones and McArthur bridges
- Northbound lane of Road 10 from Moriones to Delpan Bridge
- North and Southbound lane of Bonifacio Drive from Delpan Bridge to Katigbak Drive
- North and Southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard from Katigbak Drive to P. Ocampo
- East and Westbound lane of P. Burgos from Ma. Orosa to Roxas Boulevard
- East and Westbound lane of TM Kalaw from MH del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard
- Westbound lane of Finance Road from Taft Ave to P. Burgos
- Westbound lane of Pres. Quirino from Adriatico to Mabini and MH del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard
- Northbound lane of Ma. Orosoa from TM Kalaw to P. Burgos
Re-routes are as follows:
- Vehicles coming from España bound for Quiapo should turn right to A.H. Lacson, left to Dapitan, left Andalucia right to Fugoso, left to Rizal avenue, or left to AH Lacson straight to Nagtahan to point of destination.
- Vehicles going to Quiapo area via Andalucia sould turn right to Fugoso, left to Rizal avenue to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from Binondo area intending to use southbound lane of Jones bridge shall turn left under the Jones bridge going to Escolta passing through Plaza Sta. Cruz turn right, then turn left going to Palanca St., right to Ayala bridge, turn left or right to Taft avenue to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from Plaza Sta. Cruz intending to utilize the southbound lane of McArthur bridge should turn left going to Palanca St., right to Ayala bridge to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from northern part of Manila intending to use the stretch of Delpan bridge, Roxas boulevard southbound lane should turn left to Capulong, or, either Herbosa or Moriones to point of destination.
- Vehciles coming from southern part of Manila intending to utilize the stretch of Roxas boulevard northbound lane should turn right to Buendia, left to Taft avenue to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from Ayala boulevard utilizing P. Burgos going to Roxas boulevard southbound should turn left to Taft avenue, right to TM Kalaw, left to MH del Pilar, left to Quirino, right to Mabini to FB Harrison or, use Taft avenue to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from Taft avenue or Quirino intending to use the stretch of Roxas boulevard southbound shall turn left to Adriatico, right to P. Ocampo, left to FB Harrison to point of destination.
- One lane going in and one lane going out would be used along the stretch of Indepence road and South Drive coming from Roxas boulevard service road for those who would go in and out of Manila Hotel and H2O Hotel.
The INC World Wide Walk is a charity event for the victims of Super Typhoon “Yolanda.”
Get Inquirer updates while on the go, add us on these apps:
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94