Revilla to answer pork issue at Senate on Monday
CEBU CITY—Sen. Bong Revilla said he would address his alleged involvement in the pork barrel scam in a privilege speech at the Senate on Monday.
Revilla arrived at the Mactan Cebu International Airport Thursday evening together with his wife, Cavite 2nd district Rep. Lani Mercado-Revilla, as part of his annual tradition of visiting the Señor Sto Niño.
In an interview, Revilla said he has a special prayer and intention for this year’s visit to the Sto. Niño shrine here.
“We know, we’ve been through a lot last year. Our prayer is we could overcome this,” he told reporters in a press conference at the airport.
The senator then urged the public to watch his privilege speech on Monday.
“Just wait for my privilege speech this coming Monday. I invite the entire country to listen and watch so they will know the truth,” Revilla said.
He has kept a low profile since the pork barrel scam broke out and has been accused of receiving alleged kickbacks totaling P224.51 million.
Revilla, Sen. Jinggoy Estrada, and Sen. Juan Ponce Enrile face a plunder complaint for allegedly diverting their pork barrel funds to fake non-governmental organizations of businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles, in exchange for commissions.
“Please pray for me. The truth will come out,” he told reporters.