MANILA, Philippines — Roughly 150 families were displaced, and almost P3 million worth of property were destroyed when a fire gutted a residential block in Quezon City a little after midnight Thursday, the Bureau of Fire Protection-National Capital Region said.
In an advisory, BFP-NCR said fire blazed through roughly 50 houses made of light materials along Scout Boromeo in Barangay (village) South Triangle in Quezon City at around 12:39 a.m.
The fire reached Task Force Bravo before it was put out at around 3 a.m.
The report said the fire may have started from the house of Jimmy and Janneth Lao at No. 47B in Scout Boromeo.
A radio report quoted the Quezon City Bureau of Fire Protection as saying that the blaze may have been caused by an electrical overload.
No one was reported injured from the incident.