MANILA, Philippines—The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) on Friday announces that 1,684 out of 2,137 passed the physician licensure examination given by the Board of Medicine in the cities of Manila, Cebu and Davao in August 2012.
The members of the Board of Medicine who gave the licensure examinations are Dr. Jose Y. Cueto, Jr., chairman; Dr. Restituto C. De Ocampo, Dr. Florentino C. Doble, Dr. Edgardo T. Fernando, Dr. Miguel L. Noche Jr. and Dr. Mildred N. Pareja, Members.
The results were released in four (4) working days from the last day of examinations.
Registration for the issuance of Professional Identification Card (ID) and Certificate of Registration will start on Tuesday, September 4, 2012 but not later than September 7, 2012.
Those who will register are required to bring the following: duly accomplished Oath Form or Panunumpa ng Propesyonal, current Community Tax Certificate (cedula), 2 pieces passport size picture (colored with white background and complete name tag), 1 piece 1” x 1” picture (colored with white background and complete name tag), 2 sets of metered documentary stamps and 1 short brown envelope with name and profession and to pay the Initial Registration Fee of P600 and Annual Registration Fee of P450 for 2012-2015. Successful examinees should personally register and sign in the Roster of Registered Professionals.
The date and venue for the oathtaking ceremony of the new successful examinees in the said examination will be announced later.
The top performing schools in the August 2012 Physician Licensure Examination as per Commission Resolution No. 2010-547 series of 2010.
Number one is the University of the Philippines-Manila (99.35 percent), followed by University of Santo Tomas (98.71 percent); Ateneo de Manila University (98.39 percent); Cebu Institute of Medicine (98.39 percent); Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (97.65 percent); University of the East-Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center (96.67 percent); West Visayas State University-La Paz (94.45 percent); Saint Louis University (91.94 percent); Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation (89.29 percent); De La Salle University-Health Sciences Institute (86. 72 percent).
The successful examinees in the August 2012 Physician Licensure Examination who garnered the ten (10) highest places are the following:
1. Carol Stephanie Chua Tan (University of the Philippines-Manila, 89.75 percent)
2. Alexander Sabbun Manguba Jr. (University of Santo Tomas, 89.08 percent)
3. Nellowe Calderon Candelario (University of Santo Tomas, 89 percent)
4. Marjorie Anne dela Cruz (Bagnas De La Salle University-Health Sciences Institute, 88.50 percent)
Aaron Joseph Kho Tiu (University of the Philippines-Manila, 88.50 percent)
5. Michael Lawrenz Ferreras Co (UP-Manila, 88 percent)
6. Mariel Dianne Soloria Velasco (UP-Manila, 87.92 percent)
7. Randy Mangañti Dabu (FEU-NRMF, 87.83 percent)
Elmer Colmenar Gabutan (DLSU-Health Sciences Institute, 87.83 percent)
8. Patricia Garcia Amolenda (UST, 87.67); Mar Angelo Tadlas Carrasco (UST, 87.67 percent); Jayjumhar Datukan Precia (UE-RM Medical Center, 87.67 percent)
9. Rachelle Pacaanas Mendoza (DLSU-Health Sciences Institute, 87.50 percent)
10. Julie Anne Luczon Gabat, UP-Manila, 87.45 percent; Orlyn Claire Yap Lavilla, UP-Manila, 87.42 percent)