Close  

Palace promises security, justice to slain broadcaster’s kin

/ 07:20 AM May 05, 2018

DUMAGUETE CITY—Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go has promised security and justice to the wife of slain broadcast journalist Edmund Sestoso who was shot dead by still unidentified gunmen on April 30 at Barangay Daro here.

Go, Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar and Undersecretary Joel Sy Egco, chief of the Presidential Task Force on Media Security, visited the wake of Sestoso on Thursday and extended President Duterte’s condolences to the victim’s family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Go said he had relayed orders to Senior Supt. Edwin Portento, acting director of the Negros Oriental Provincial Police, to provide security to Sestoso’s wife, Lourdes, and the rest of her family after she expressed fears that her husband’s killers might go after them.

“I told them [they] have nothing to do with whatever caused his death. Don’t worry, no one’s going to touch you,” Go said.

FEATURED STORIES

The President’s trusted aide said a total cash reward of P400,000 had been raised for information leading to the arrest of the gunmen.

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Bong Go, Egco, Media Killing, Sestoso
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.