#WalangPasok: Class suspensions for Monday, March 19
Class suspensions for Monday, March 19, were declared in several schools in and around Metro Manila due to a nationwide transport strike against the government’s jeepney-modernization program.
As of 11:45 p.m. on Sunday, classes were declared suspended in the following places:
- Quezon City: all levels, public and private schools
- San Pablo City, Laguna: all levels, public and private schools
- De La Salle University: all levels, including office work, in campuses in Manila, Makati, Bonifacio Global City in Taguig, and Laguna
- St. Paul University – Manila: all classes
- Far Eastern University – all classes, including office work, in campuses in Manila and Makati
George San Mateo, president of the Pinagkaisang Samahan ng mga Tsuper at Operator Nationwide (Piston), announced on Sunday that jeepney drivers, operators, and workers were set to stage protests on Monday.
Demonstrators would converge in Cubao along Aurora Boulevard in front of Cubao Elementary School, San Mateo said.
Protest actions would also be held at the Alabang Viaduct, Monumento Circle, Novaliches-Bayan, and Anda Circle in Manila, he said.
(This is a running list. Please refresh the page for updates.)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.