Love online: Sweet, comic Valentine’s Day posts
Scour the depths of internet and you will find yourself drowning in sappy Valentine’s Day posts all over social media.
Just like chocolates, some of the posts are sweet and some are bitter.
But some showed wit and humor – and there’s nothing like good humor to turn the commercialization of Feb. 14 into a sweet, comic Valentine’s Day.
1. Eat, Pray, and Make Laba: When your birthday falls on Feb. 14 and you’d rather do the laundry (maglaba) than spread love:
2. Kita Kota: When a couple photobombs your supposedly solo photo:
3. Flowers from an admirer who’s “dead for you not just on Valentine’s”:
4. Love (ko to) gets complicated for this branch of a fastfood chain:
5. A reminder to light up a katol (mosquito coil) to avoid mosquitoes while waiting for The One:
6. For the patriots: How deep is your love – for Benham Rise? Oceana Philippines needs to learn, ’cause we’re living in a world of fools breaking our islands down:
7. And finally, a reminder that despite the commercialization of Feb. 14, love does not have a tag price. And guess what? These things will never – ever – last.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.