Palace exec says PH telcos a total failure
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque vented his frustration on Wednesday over the bad service of telecommunications firms in the Philippines.
During an interview with Radyo Inquirer 990AM, Roque’s line was suddenly cut while on air. After the line was reconnected, the Palace official vented his ire on the inefficiency of telecommunications companies in the country.
“Palpak po talaga ang telecoms natin. Palpak lang talaga sila (Our telecommunications are indeed a failure. They are really a failure.),” he said.
“Talagang ganyan po ang tadhana ng mga Pilipino. Kaya nga babaguhin ‘yan ni Presidente Duterte. Wag silang magtangkang manlaban diyan sa pagpasok ng new telecoms (That is really the fate of Filipinos. That is why President Duterte wants to change that. They should not dare oppose the entry of new telecoms),” he added.
This was not the first time Roque expressed his frustration over the bad mobile service of telecommunications companies operating in the country.
He had earlier said that he would usually take media calls in his garage because phone signal remains bad and disappointing in his Quezon City home.
Roque had earlier said President Rodrigo Duterte wants a new telecommunications company substantially owned by China to start operating by first quarter this year.
Duterte has asked China to provide the third telco player in the country to break the duopoly of the two telco giants, PLDT Inc. and Globe Telecom Inc.
The two telco firms have been blamed for the slow and expensive internet and mobile phone services in the Philippines. /jpv
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.