Robinsons alleged fire incident a dud | Inquirer News

Robinsons alleged fire incident a dud

/ 06:03 PM December 26, 2017

DAVAO CITY—The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) said the earlier reported fire at Robinsons Cybergate here turned out to be not a fire at all.

Senior Insp. Ma. Teresita Gaspan, city police spokesperon, said the investigation conducted with mall authorities revealed that the smoke seen by a guard around 2:25 a.m., not 3 a.m. as earlier reported, which was billowing from the machine room on the first floor of Robinsons, was actually leaking Freon gas.

ADVERTISEMENT

The smoke, which spread from the machine room area of the supermarket, was not caused by any fire (but) it was caused by Freon gas leakage,” she said.

The reported fire had earlier raised concerns here as another mall had earlier been gutted by fire and 37 people were killed.

FEATURED STORIES

As in the case of the NCCC Mall, which caught fire on Saturday, Robinsons also hosted a BPO firm, which had workers on duty at the time of the alleged fire. Allan Nawal INQ

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Davao City Police Office, Fire, freon gas leak, Ma. Teresita Gaspan, Robinson's Cybergate
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

News that matters

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.