Close  

Food shortage hits Biliran after ‘Urduja’ onslaught

By: - Reporter / @FMOrellanaINQ
/ 11:30 AM December 19, 2017

About 25,000 people in Biliran are lacking food following the destruction wrought by tropical storm “Urduja” last week, Biliran Mayor Grace Casil said Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Ang problem namin pagkain. ‘Yan ang number one,” Casil said in an interview with Radyo Inquirer 990AM.

The mayor said about 4,500 families, or 25,000 individuals, were affected by food shortage.

“Tatagan n’yo lang. Kaya natin ito,” Casil said to her constituents.

Meanwhile, the mayor said water and power had been restored in the province. /cbb

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Biliran, food shortage, Grace Casil, news, urduja
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.