Employees’ shuttle catches fire in Subic Bay Freeport
SUBIC BAY FREEPORT—A service bus that was supposed to take workers to a manufacturing company here caught fire Wednesday morning (Nov. 22).
Fire engulfed the bus at about 8 a.m. while parked in front of Remy Field here, said Capt. Romeo Bravo, acting assistant chief of the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority Fire Department.
Bravo said no one was hurt during the fire that lasted for about 15 minutes.
Rani Magno, chief of SBMA Fire Department, said an undetermined number of passengers who work at Nidec Subic Philippines Corporation had just been offloaded before the fire spread.
Magno said an electrical malfunction could have triggered the fire. /jpv
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.