outbrain
Close  

Laborer hospitalized for electrical burns

/ 05:02 AM July 05, 2017

A construction worker suffered burns when a metal ceiling frame he was installing at a school in Pasay City over the weekend touched a live wire.

Police identified the victim as Marco Tupaz, 20, a stay-in construction worker and native of Calapan City, Mindoro.

ADVERTISEMENT

Case investigator PO3 Mario Golondrina said the victim was working on the third floor of Rivera Elementary School when the metal furring he was installing came into contact with a high tension wire.

Tupaz, who sustained burns in different parts of the body, was rushed to the hospital by his foreman Ramil Malibiran.

FEATURED STORIES

His doctor at San Juan de Dios Hospital recommended confinement due to his serious injuries. —Erika Sauler, Erma Edera

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: electrocuted laborer, industrial accident, Marcos Tupaz
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.