MTRCB to conduct video inspection, info drive at bus terminals
The Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) said on Friday that its members would conduct an inspection and information drive in bus terminals on the Cubao stretch of Edsa on April 10 and 11.
The terminal visits, timed for the Holy Week exodus to the provinces, aims to make sure that buses and terminals would only show General Audience “G” or Parental Guidance “PG” rated.
Following is their April 10 schedule in Cubao, Quezon City:
- Araneta Center Cubao Terminal: 7:00 a.m to 8:00 a.m.
- Baliwag Transit Terminal: 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Genesis Transport Terminal: 9:40 a.m. to 10:10 a.m.
- Jam Liner Terminal: 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
And here is their April 11 schedule in Manila:
- Fariñas Transit Terminal: 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- G.V. Florida Transport Terminal: 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Dalin Liner Terminal: 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Victory Liner Terminal: (12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m..
The MTRCB would also want to raise the awareness of commuters on their rights and responsibilities in ensuring age-appropriate media while on board a bus or waiting at a terminal.
In a related develoopment, tast Monday, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) conducted an inspection in several bus terminals in Cubao to ensure compliance of bus companies to its rules and regulations.
The LTFRB estimates that around 232,000 passengers will use buses to travel to their provinces from Metro Manila. /atm
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.