Isabela boy hurt as ‘piccolo’ in pocket ignites on Christmas Eve
CITY OF CAUAYAN, Isabela – A nine-year-old boy was hurt by a firecracker in an Isabela town on Saturday morning (December 24), Christmas Eve.
The third-grade pupil in Cordon town was playing when the sticks of piccolo inside his pocket suddenly ignited, burning the boy’s upper legs, according to the Department of Health.
The boy was immediately brought to the hospital for treatment.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.