Traffic re-routed for MMFF ‘Parade of Stars’ on Friday
The Manila District Traffic Enforcement United on Thursday advised motorists to take alternate routes for the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) parade of stars on Friday afternoon.
In an advisory, the MDTEU said the following roads will be affected by the MMFF parade from 1 p.m. onwards: stretch of P. Burgos from Finance Road to N. Lopez Street; northbound lane of Taft Avenue from Ayala Boulevard to N. Lopez; and stretch of N. Lopez from San Marcelino St. to P. Burgos.
The MMFF parade this year will start at the Manila City Hall and end at Plaza Miranda in Quiapo, instead of the usual kick off at Roxas Boulevard.
Affected motorists were advised to take the take the following alternate routes:
- All vehicles going to McArthur & Quezon Bridge coming from Taft Avenue shall turn right Ayala, left C. Palanca to Quiapo Ilalim or take P. Casal to Legarda to point of destination.
- PUJs travelling northbound lane of Taft Ave. going to Quiapo shall turn right Ayala Blvd., left C. Palanca to point of destination.
- PUJs going to Divisoria area intending to utilize Jones Bridge shall turn left Finance Rd. straight to P. Burgos, right Bonifacio Drive to Anda Circle, right A. Soriano to Muelle del Rio St., right Postal Road to Jones Bridge to point of destination.
- All buses coming from eastern part of Manila particularly G-Liner/RRCG utilizing Legarda shall turn right Palanca St., to Quiapo Ilalim to point of origin.
- All buses coming from Taft Avenue going to Fairview shall turn right U.N Ave., up to Otis, left Nagtahan and go straight Lacson Ave., right España Blvd. to point of origin.
- All buses coming southern part of Manila (Las Piñas, Alabang, Laguna & Cavite) utilizing Taft Avenue shall turn right U.N Ave., right San Marcelino to point of origin.
- Other vehicles coming from Ma. Orosa/Roxas Blvd. intending to utilize Jones Bridge to Divisoria shall take Bonifacio Drive- Anda Circle to A. Soriano to Muelle del Rio (Pasig River side), right Postal Road to Jones Bridge to point of destination.
This year’s MMF entries, which were selected by a new executive committee under new criteria, are “Ang Babae sa Septic Tank 2,” “Die Beautiful,” “Kabisera,” “Oro,” “Saving Sally,” “Seklusyon,” “Sunday Beauty Queen” and “Vince & Kath & James.” JE/rga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.