Latest hoax bomb threat disrupts work in Laguna town courts
SAN PEDRO CITY, Laguna — Hearings at the regional trial court in Sta. Cruz, Laguna, were cancelled Thursday, after authorities received a threat to blow up the court, the police said.
Supt. Gerry Sanggalang, Laguna police information officer, said that around 9 a.m., a certain Rambo Rayuma had sent a private message via Facebook to Laguna Governor Ramil Hernandez. The Facebook user said that someone would blow up the court.
“Huwag niyo po sanang baliwalain sana kung magagawa niyo makansela ang opisina, gawin niyo po (I hope you won’t ignore this. If you can, go cancel the office today),” the message read.
Judge Princess Ongkeko, in a separate phone interview, said she cancelled her hearings after being advised of the threat.
It turned out to be a mere hoax after the police cleared the area and did not find any explosives after about an hour, Sanggalang said.
Last week, four government agencies in Quezon City received hoax bomb threats via email, disrupting their work. SFM/rga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.