PNP refutes Duterte claim: No report of kidnappings in Metro Manila | Inquirer News
Close  

PNP refutes Duterte claim: No report of kidnappings in Metro Manila

By: - Reporter / @NCorralesINQ
/ 01:03 PM November 05, 2016

The director of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) on Saturday said there were no reports of kidnappings in Metro Manila contrary to the claims of President Rodrigo Duterte.

Chief Supt. Oscar Albayalde said a verification from the anti-kidnapping group (AKG) of the Philippine National Police (PNP) showed no records of kidnap for ransom in the metropolis.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We will validate the information although as of now, wala kaming natatanggap na report regarding alleged kidnapping since the assumption of President Duterte,”  Abayalde said.

“As per MPD (Manila Police District), initial verification with AKG also yielded negative,” he added.

FEATURED STORIES

The police official, however, said the PNP would still validate the information released by Duterte.

“We already have efforts also to talk to the Chinese community on Monday,” he said.

Duterte on Thursday said six kidnapping activities had been recorded in Binondo, a major Chinese community in Manila, in the span of three weeks.

READ: Drug syndicates now into kidnap for ransom, says Duterte

He said the drug syndicates have shifted to kidnapping activities as a of result his administration’s brutal crackdown on illegal drugs.

Amid the conflicting statement of Duterte and the PNP, Malacañang on Saturday said the President has his own sources.

“May mga comments po si President but we don’t know kung, but he has his own sources. Kung sinasabi pong wala, I’m sure the President has his own [source] form of information. ‘Yun lang po ang masasabi ko,” Presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella said in an interview with state-run dzRB radio.

(The President has his comments but we don’t know, he has his own sources.  I’m sure the President has his own source of information. That’s all I can say.) CDG

RELATED STORY

Duterte: Anti-drug campaign has driven criminals to kidnapping

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Binondo, Drugs, kidnap, Metro Manila, National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO), Philippine National Police (PNP), Police, Rodrigo Duterte
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.