Duterte: Third drug list already validated
PRESIDENT Duterte on Tuesday said he had a third list of people with supposed links to the drug trade.
When talking about the list in a speech, Mr. Duterte held his thumb and forefinger inches apart to indicate that it was a thick one.
“I have the third round and final round. Validation…it’s been done,” he said as he addressed soldiers at the Villamor Air Base early Tuesday evening.
He said that if he would be unable to go after all the people on the list, the troops would have to take care of them.
“If it will outlast me, then I leave you a legacy of the list of persons you have to take care of,” he said.
He said that if the drug suspects would not listen to reason, “you know what to do.”
Mr. Duterte, in his speech, also tagged the Alcalas of Quezon while talking about the illegal drug problem.
“The one in Quezon, with the Alcalas, publicly I will tell you, that’s true,” he said in apparent reference to allegations linking members of the clan to the narcotics trade.
He said the family had connections in politics and were hard to pin down.
Last month, Cerilo Alcala and son Sajid turned themselves over to police to try to clear their names after being linked to the illegal drug trade.
Cerilo is the brother of Quezon Rep. Vicente Alcala and of former Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala.
On Sunday, Cerilo’s wife Maria Fe and daughter Toni Ann were arrested in a drug bust.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.