Close  

Cyberheist probe resumes May 12

/ 12:30 AM April 26, 2016

THE SENATE blue ribbon committee will resume its inquiry into the $81 million funds stolen from Bangladesh after the May 9 polls after failing to secure phone records of key players in the  alleged money laundering scheme.

Committee chair Sen. Teofisto Guingona III said the next hearing will be on May 12.

ADVERTISEMENT

Guingona said he had to defer  the next hearing since lawyers of casino junket operator Kim Wong, former Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. (RCBC) branch manager Maia Deguito as well as Salud and Michael Bautista of the Philrem Service Corp. failed to submit the waivers that would allow the disclosure of their clients’ phone records.

On May 12, Guingona said they expect the Bautistas to present their former accountant whom they said had already resigned. Christine Avendaño

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Bangladesh, cyberheist, Kim Wong, Maia Deguito, Money Laundering, Nation, news, RCBC
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.