Close  

6-year-old boy dies after eating boiled cassava

/ 03:37 PM January 06, 2016

CEBU CITY—A six-year-old boy died while his two siblings were confined in a hospital on Wednesday morning after eating boiled cassava in Barangay Balaygtiki, Dumanjug town, 74.3 kilometers southwest of Cebu City.

Noven Pasuquin Monteza died in their home about 4 a.m. on Wednesday, said PO1 Loreniel Labasa, Dumanjug Police station desk officer.

ADVERTISEMENT

This prompted the parents to bring their two other children, Dexter, 2, and Marilyn, 9, to the nearby Barili District Hospital.

Labasa said that based on their investigation, the children ate boiled cassava about 5 p.m. on Tuesday.

FEATURED STORIES

Four hours later, the children complained of stomach pains. But the parents didn’t bring them to the hospital immediately, said Labasa.

About 4 a.m., the parents noticed Noven shaking and white foam coming from his mouth before he died.

RELATED STORIES

31 students fall ill after consuming cassava delight in Guimaras town

1 patay, 3 naospital sa cassava

ADVERTISEMENT
Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: cassava, Cebu, Food Poisoning, Noven Pasuquin Monteza
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.