Marcos: Duterte’s ‘presidential run’ nullifies all survey results
IT’S back to zero.
Vice presidential aspirant Senator Ferdinand “Bong-bong” Marcos Jr. said that it’s a clean slate for every candidate aspiring for the highest post in the country with the possible inclusion of Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte in the presidential race.
Reacting to Duterte’s statements on Saturday where he hinted his possible presidential bid, Marcos hopes that this will be the mayor’s final word on the matter following his on-and-off statements about his presidential intentions.
Duterte said that the presidency is “on the table” after the Senate Electoral Tribunal (SET) junked the petition against Senator Grace Poe disqualifying her from office over her allegedly questionable citizenship.
“If this is the final word then we can all finally end the speculation. Lahat ng surveys (all survey results are), ‘back to the drawing board,’” Marcos said in a statement.
He even considered Duterte’s possible presidential bid is “good news.”
Last month, Marcos flew to Davao City to court for Duterte’s support.
Duterte, in turn, said he is willing to help Marcos.
However, Marcos was named as the running mate of presidential aspirant Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago while Duterte is said to be paired with Senator Alan Peter Cayetano as his vice president.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.