Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Close  
  • share this

Man injured after e-cigarette explodes in face in Malaysian town

/ 07:32 AM November 12, 2015

A man in Gopeng, Malaysia reportedly needed six stitches on his lips after an e-cigarette or vape exploded when he was using it.

Salleh Awang Hat, 33, was traumatized by the incident on Nov 5 and has since quit vaping.

ADVERTISEMENT

It is understood that the victim had just lighted up the vape which suddenly exploded before he managed to take a puff.

“The mouthpiece flew off like a bullet and fortunately it did not hit the face,” he said recalling the incident, which has gone viral in social media.

FEATURED STORIES

Salleh Awang said he was lucky that it exploded before he could inhale the smoke, otherwise he could have been “shot” in the mouth.

RELATED STORIES

Study finds link between e-cigarettes, smoking in US youths

FDA warns on dangers of e-cigarettes

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: E-cigarette, Explosion, face, injury, Malaysia, man, town
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2018 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.