LIST: Senatorial bets in Poe-Escudero’s ‘Team Galing at Puso’
Six common candidates are included in the so-called “Team GP” or “Team Galing at Puso” of Senators Grace Poe and Francis “Chiz” Escudero, reliable sources said on Wednesday.
Several sources confirmed the 12 names in Poe-Escudero and they are the following:
- Senate President Pro Tempore Ralph Recto
- Senator Vicente “Tito” Sotto III
- Former Senator Richard “Dick” Gordon
- Former Senator Juan Miguel “Migz” Zubiri
- OFW rights advocate Susan “Toots” Ople
- Manila Vice Mayor Isko Moreno
- Valenzuela Representative Sherwin Gatchalian
- Pasig Representative Roman Romulo
- ACT-CIS partylist Representative Samuel Pagdilao
- Bayan Muna Representative Neri Colmenares
- Lawyer Lorna Kapunan
- Actor Edu Manzano
The first six in the list — Recto, Sotto, Gordon, Zubiri, Ople and Moreno — are shared candidates while the remaining six are exclusive senatorial bets of the Poe-Escudero tandem.
Recto is also running under the Liberal Party, while Sotto, Gordon, Zubiri and Ople are also part of the senatorial ticket of the United Nationalist Alliance (UNA). Moreno, on the other hand, has been adopted by Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., running-mate of Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago.
Cebu Representative Ace Durano, campaign manager of the Team GP, earlier said as of Wednesday, all 12 have confirmed their attendance at the launching of their team on Thursday at the Club Filipino in Greenhills, San Juan. IDL
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.