Catamco denies ownership, operation of foundation for pork scam
KIDAPAWAN CITY, North Cotabato, Philippines – North Cotabato Rep. Nancy Catamco categorically denied, on Thursday, ownership of the Aaron Foundation, a non-government organization allegedly involved in the P500-million pork barrel scam between 2007 and 2010.
“I do not own or operate Aaron Foundation or any foundation or NGO involved in the so-called (Priority Development Assistance Fund) scam,” Catamco told the Philippine Daily Inquirer.
In the document submitted to the Ombudsman on Wednesday, lawyer Levito Baligod – the counsel for the whistleblowers – claimed that Catamco operated Aaron Foundation, which was allocated P60 million by former Davao City Representative Prospero Nograles.
Baligod said the money that was funnelled through the Aaron Foundation was covered by SARO No. BMB-03240 and ROCS-08-05177.
Catamco told the Inquirer that she was waiting for the copy of Baligod’s affidavit, based on the advice of her lawyers, “so we can answer it point by point and to find out how my name was dragged into it.”
She said she could only suspect that the filing of the charges had something to do with the elections and that it could be Baligod’s way of propping his name for his reported senatorial bid.
“Baligod wanted to enter the political arena at our expense, and that is totally unjust,” Catamco added.
“I want to clear my name once and for all. I am willing to face the investigation that the Ombudsman will conduct to clear my name,” she said.
Catamco also denied any wrongdoing in so far as her Pdaf was concerned.
“Since I became a congressman, my PDAF was used judiciously and I am transparent in all of my transactions. The people in my district can attest to that,” Catamco added. Carlo Agamon, Inquirer Mindanao