Mayor Lani Cayetano: ‘Confident the case will be dismissed’
Taguig Mayor Lani Cayetano said on Thursday she would exhaust all legal remedies after news about her impending indictment in the Sandiganbayan for her supposed padlocking of the city council session hall years ago broke out.
“I am confident the case will be dismissed,” Cayetano said in a press conference at the Taguig city hall extension in Bonifacio Global City.
Cayetano said the case, which stemmed from the incident and was filed against her by 16 former and present city councilors and former Vice Mayor George Elias in 2010, had already been dismissed by the Ombudsman in 2011.
READ: Ombudsman indicts Mayor Lani Cayetano for locking session hall
She said of the 17 original complainants, “only” three filed motions with the Ombudsman, hence the indictment.
“Walang pinipigil na sesyon. Malaya po silang nakapagsesyon,” Cayetano said.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.