Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Close  
  • share this

Poe sure presidential winner in 2022 – Osmeña

By: - Reporter / @MAgerINQ
/ 06:51 PM July 15, 2015

SENATOR Grace Poe will be a sure winner for president in 2022 if she would serve first as vice president for six years, Senator Sergio Osmeña III said on Wednesday.

“She would be better off and she would make a better president if she has six years as vice president because she is fairly new in this game,” Osmeña, who helped Poe in the 2013 senator race, said in an interview at the Senate.

ADVERTISEMENT

“This is not only national politics and winning an election. After that, the big work, the headache comes running the country at nakikita natin napakahirap noon so if you start stumbling around, the country stumbles with you,” he said.

Osmeña though acknowledged that Poe, who is serving her first term in the Senate, has the “gifts” and “talent” to be a good president.

FEATURED STORIES

“So if she serves as vice president for six years, in 2022 she will be a sure winner. Even as vice president, she is a sure winner already,” he said.

Poe, who has yet to announce her plans in 2016, has already overtaken Vice President Jejomar Binay in the latest presidential survey conducted by Pulse Asia from May 30 to June 5.

READ: Grace Poe now leads presidential survey; Binay falls to 2nd

 

But if Poe would not run for president in 2016, Osmeña said 60 percent of her votes would probably go to the presumptive candidate of the Liberal Party, Interior Secretary Mar Roxas, and the remaining 40 percent would be divided among Binay, and other presidential candidate.

ADVERTISEMENT
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: 2016 elections, Grace Poe, Mar Roxas, Nation, news
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2018 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.