Tiu, 3 Makati City officials promise to attend next Senate hearing
Businessman Antonio Tiu and three officials of Makati City government ordered arrested by the Senate went to the chamber last week and promised to attend the next hearing on corruption allegations against Vice President Jejomar Binay.
The Senate blue ribbon subcommittee headed by Senator Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III is set to resume its hearing on May 28.
Aside from Tiu, the three others who appeared before the Senate blue ribbon committee and promised to face the next hearing were Danilo Villas, Vissa Marie Aldon, and Engineer Line de la Peña, said a staff member of Senator Teofisto Guingona III, who heads the committee.
Tiu, Villas, Aldon and De la Peña are among the 14 resource persons ordered arrested by the chamber for refusing to attend the hearings on the issue.
“I hereby undertake, as a sign of utmost good faith, that I shall attend the Senate investigation hearing on 28 May 2015,” Tiu said in a letter of undertaking dated May 21.
Villas and De la Peña promised to attend the next hearing in separate letters dated May 20 while Aldon made the same commitment in a separate letter dated May 19.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.