7-hour power disruption to hit parts of Metro Manila Monday
MANILA, Philippines – Some parts of Makati City, Parañaque City, Las Piñas City and Pasay City will experience power outages on Monday, with the longest blackout lasting for about seven hours, the Manila Electric Company (Meralco) said on separate advisories on Sunday.
Meralco said that the power outages will be implemented due to reconstruction works and replacement of old poles.
The following areas in the metropolis will be affected:
Portion of Parañaque and Pasay City
- 30-minute power interruption is scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. and then between 1:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. in the following areas: portion of NAIA Road from near Caltex Gas Station to Quirino Ave. including Tambo Realty Corp. in Pasay City; portion of Quirino Ave. from NAIA Road to Bayside Court St. including Riverview Compound; Riverside and M. Delos Santos Sts.; Makati Auto Center and Port Net Logistics in Barangay (village) Tambo, Parañaque City
- Five-hour power interruption is scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. affecting portion of NAIA Road from Caltex Gas Station to near Cebu Pacific including Petroleum Distributors & Services Corporation in Pasay City.
Portion of Makati City
- Seven-hour power interruption is scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. affecting portions of Aranga, Mayapis, Sampaloc, Camachile, St. Paul and Bakawan Sts. in Barangay San Antonio.
Portion of Las Piñas City
- Seven-hour power interruption is scheduled between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. affecting portions of Libra St. in Pamplona Park Subd., Barangay Pamplona II.
Intramuros and Port Area, Manila
- 30-minute power interruption is scheduled between 9 am and 9:30 am, and then between 1:30 pm and 2 pm in the following areas: portion of 2nd St. from near BASECO Compound to Bonifacio Drive including Muelle De Tacoma St.; Philpost and Department of Public Works & Highway (DPWH) in Port Area.; and Club Intramuros Driving Range in Intramuros; portion of Railroad Drive from Philippine Red Cross National Headquarters to and including Knights of Rizal in Port Area.
- Five-hour power interruption is scheduled between 9 am and 2 pm affecting a portion of BASECO Compound in Port Area.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.