10 Abu killed, 7 soldiers hurt in latest Sulu clash
Ten more Abu Sayyaf bandits were killed as the clash continued in Sulu Friday, the military reported.
Capt. Ma. Rowena Muyuela, spokesperson of the military’s Eastern Mindanao Command, said the latest clash took place in Barangay (village) Kabuntakas in Patikul town when soldiers stumbled on the group led by Radulan Sahiron.
The total number of Abu Sayyaf bandits killed this week reached 24 while about two dozen other gunmen had been injured.
Seven soldiers were wounded in a clash between government forces and 300 bandits from the Abu Sayyaf group in Patikul, Sulu province, on Friday.
Troops from the Joint Task Force Group Sulu led by Col. Allan Arrojado and the bandits, allegedly led by Radullan Sahiron, clashed in Sitio (settlement) Bauno Butong, Barangay Buhanginan, reports reaching military headquarters in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City, said.
Col. Restituto Padilla Jr., spokesman for the Armed Forces of the Philippines, said government troops were pressing the operation against the Abu Sayyaf Friday afternoon.–With a report from Julie M. Aurelio
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.