MMDA advisory: Closed areas on Edsa for People Power 1 celebration
MANILA, Philippines – The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Tuesday said the stretch of the Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue (Edsa) would be closed to traffic to give way for the 29th commemoration of the Edsa People Power revolution.
The advisory said the stretch of Edsa northbound from Shaw boulevard to Santolan would be closed to traffic at 12:01 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Northbound motorists are advised to take the following routes:
- Right to McKinley Road to C5 to destination
- Right at Kalayaan Avenue to C5 to destination
- Take Rockwell flyover, left turn to Estrella and utilize Estrella/Pantaleon bridge which is now open to traffic
- Right at J.P. Rizal C5 to destination
- Right at Pioneer St. C5 to destination
- Right at Shaw Boulevard C5 to destination
- Right at J. Vargas C5 to destination
- Right to Santolan, left turn to Ortigas Avenue, right turn to Wilson, left at P. Guevarra and Shaw Boulevard, right turn to Edsa to point of destination
MMDA said road closures on Edsa would be from:
- Shaw Boulevard to Santolan and all perpendicular roads from east side including Internal Avenue, Garden Way, Julia Vargas, Bank Drive, Guadix, Poveda, Ortigas Avenue, Corinthian Subdivision Gate 2, White Plains, Santolan.
- Ortigas Avenue including Meralco-Ortigas junction southbound and Ortigas Avenue-Connecticut northbound.
- White Plains from White plains-Katipunan southbound.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.