Fire kills baby in Muntinlupa | Inquirer News
Close  

Fire kills baby in Muntinlupa

/ 04:01 AM November 18, 2014

MANILA, Philippines–A seven-month-old baby boy died of suffocation after a fire broke out in a two-story house in Purok 1, Barangay (village) Buli in Muntinlupa City on Sunday afternoon.

Shamile Xyron San Juan’s body was found in the room on the ground floor being rented by his parents, Yoli Mae and Robert San Juan, who were not at home when the blaze started.

ADVERTISEMENT

Arson investigator SFO2 Rodolfo Aguilar said that they received a report about the fire at 5:20 p.m. “All the other occupants who were renting rooms in the house and who happened to be there at that time managed to get out. They told us there was a baby and we found him in the room as we tried to put out the fire,” Aguilar added.

The victim was rushed to Ospital ng Muntinlupa where he was declared dead on arrival.

FEATURED STORIES

The fire, which reached the second alarm, was put out at 5:50 p.m.

Authorities estimated the damage to property at P100,000. Aguilar said the fire was caused by a fan that overheated in the San Juans’ room.–Kristine Felisse Mangunay

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Baby boy, Fire, Muntinlupa, Shamile Xyron San Juan
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.