Close  

This time, bomb threat fails to rattle Miriam College

By: - Reporter / @jgamilINQ
/ 04:00 AM October 16, 2014

MANILA, Philippines—Another bomb scare hit Miriam College on Katipunan Avenue in Quezon City on Wednesday morning, almost a week after the school received a similar threat.

But unlike last week when the police advised school officials to send everyone home, classes were not disrupted.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Every time [the students and faculty] evacuate because of the threat, it only encourages the [perpetrator],” said Insp. Noel Sublay, Quezon City Police District Explosives Ordnance Division chief.

As in last week, the bomb threat was received by a student council member through text at 9:26 a.m.

The message read: “Uulan ng dugo sa magagandang binibini ng Miriam College (Blood will rain on the beautiful young ladies of Miriam College).”

Though an evacuation was not ordered, the police conducted a search of the school grounds. No bomb was found and the school was declared safe by 11 a.m.

Sublay said they found out that the college would be having exams next week while students had until this week to settle their unpaid tuition. He surmised: “This is either a student or a disgruntled employee.”

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Bomb threat, Katipunan Avenue, Miriam College, Noel Sublay, Quezon City Police District Explosives Ordnance Division
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.