Close  

Case filed vs four in Marikina blast

/ 04:09 AM March 11, 2014

Criminal charges have been filed against the men believed to be behind the blast that injured five people in Marikina City on March 1.

Senior Insp. Glen Aculana, the city’s investigation chief, said charges of frustrated murder and illegal possession of explosive devices were filed last week against Francis Culara and his three suspected cohorts who were identified only through their aliases.

ADVERTISEMENT

The four were believed to be behind the grenade blast that occurred at the corner of G. del Pilar and Paraiso streets in Barangay (village) Parang before 8 p.m. on March 1. They were identified by Richard Bejoc, one of those injured in the explosion, Aculana said.

The police earlier said the suspects were targeting Bejoc’s brother, Reynante, who owed them P35,000 but he managed to escape. Aside from Bejoc, Angeline Doctor, Reynante’s live-in partner, was also injured in the blast along with Venus Gapultos, 34; Jovan Bag, 28; and John Paul Cañal, 16.—Kristine Felisse Mangunay

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: blast, Crime, frustrated murder, Marikina, Philippines - Metro, possession of explosives
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.