Roads closed Saturday for Manila triathlon
MANILA, Philippines – Motorists may need to look for alternative routes on Saturday as parts of Metro Manila will be closed due to the first Manila Triathlon, the MMDA said on Twitter.
The following roads were closed starting 2 a.m.:
- Stretch of Roxas Boulevard north and southbound lane from Buendia to Katigbak
- Southbound lane of Bonifacio Drive from Anda Circle to Katigbak
- Stretch of TM Kalaw east and westbound lane from Ma. Orosa to Roxas Boulevard
- Southbound lane of Ma. Orosa from P. Burgos to TM Kalaw
- Stretch of P. Burgos eastbound lane from Ma. Orosa to Roxas Boulevard
- Stretch of Pres. Quirino east and westbound lane from Taft Avenue to Roxas Boulevard
- Stretch of P. Ocampo from Taft Avenue to Roxas Boulevard
The MMDA advised vehicles from northern part of Manila/Pier Zone heading for the southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard to turn at Anda Circle, straight to A. Soriano Street, right to Magallanes Drive, right to P. Burgos, straight to Taft Avenue to the point of destination.
Meanwhile, those from southern part of Manila heading for the northbound lane of Roxas Boulevard are advised to turn right to Buendia, turn left to Taft Avenue to the point of destination.
Vehicles from Jones, McArthur, Quezon bridges heading for the southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard are advised to go to Taft Avenue to point of destination.
Also, vehicles from Pres. Quirino/Osmena heading for Roxas Boulevard should turn left or right to Taft Avenue to point of destination.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.