‘Mina’ death toll up to 33—NDRRMC
MANILA, Philippines—The death toll from Typhoon “Mina” (international codename: Nanmadol) rose to 33, the latest report from the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Friday.
Thirty-seven people were injured while the number of missing rose to eight, the NDRRMC said in its latest bulletin.
Jenelyn Tolentino, 14, from Ilocos Sur; Efren Dolandolan, 50, from Zambales; Bonifacio Minguita Jr., 3; and Quintina Mae Minguita both from Bulacan, all drowned, said the report.
Damage to agriculture and infrastructure was estimated at P1.43 billion, with about P945 million worth of damages in Region II (Cagayan) alone, the NDRRMC also.
Six bridges and 19 road sections have remained closed to traffic, it said.
So far, the government and non-government organizations have released P11.2 million in disaster assistance.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.