outbrain
Close  

Lacson accepts DOST chief’s apology

By: - Reporter / @MAgerINQ
/ 07:01 PM October 09, 2013

Former senator Panfilo “Ping” Lacson INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

MANILA, Philippines– Former Senator Panfilo “Ping” Lacson on Wednesday accepted Secretary Mario Montejo’s apology after linking him into the Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP) controversy.

Montejo is head of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I read DOST Secretary Montejo’s statement clarifying the DAP issue involving me and Senator Pia (Cayetano). I have already conveyed to him my thanks and admiration for being gentleman enough to admit his mistake,” Lacson said in a text message.

Lacson said Montejo apologized to him and for that, he said, “He earns my respect and admiration both as a person and as a public servant.”

FEATURED STORIES

Montejo had earlier said that the agency got P30 million funds from Lacson and another P10 million from Cayetano through the DAP.

But the two immediately denied Montejo’s claim.

The DOST chief reportedly clarified that the P40-million funds actually came from the Department of Budget and Management coursed through the DAP.

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Nation, News, Pork barrel
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.